The Actisense USG-1 is the safest way to connect a boat's data
network to an on-board PC.
It converts a USB port into a bi-directional
serial port suitable for connecting to a marine standard NMEA 0183 data
No external power supply is required as the cable takes all necessary
power from the USB port. Simple installation using plug & play USB
drivers supplied on CD allows the PC to start sending and receiving data
to the RS485 half-duplex data network within minutes of installation.
The ISO-Drive output and OPTO input provide full isolation, making installation simple and free from ground loops.
The OPTO input uses the Actisense isolation circuitry to protect any
connected equipment from most common system faults. The isolator can
receive very low level differential signals that are often too small to
be received by a PC serial port.
The USG-1 overcomes all the problems of using a low-cost USB to RS232
cable from a computer store (when handshaking is not required). It
eliminates the risk of damage to the PC as it provides complete
- Create a serial port connection to an NMEA 0183 system, that may be on a different power circuit from the PC
- Connect two PCs together that are on different power circuits
- Provide a compliant NMEA 0183 port from a USB port
- Receive low level differential signals that are too small to be received by a PC serial port
- Free up PC serial/COM port for other uses
- WinXP Vista-7-10 compatibility
Brand new full warranty list price is £95 our price £59
List Price £95 our price £59 inc vat.