QK-A034B NMEA 0183 & SeaTalk Multiplexer with NMEA 2000/0183/USB/WIFI Outputs
The QK-A034 converter connects NMEA 0183 and Raymarine SeaTalk1 sensors and equipment to a NMEA 2000 chart plotter.
The internal NMEA 0183 multiplexer combines data from three NMEA 0183 inputs with SeaTalk data input.
It outputs the combined messages to WiFi, USB and a NMEA 2000 output port.
The A034 can be used out of the box for standard functionality or configured for additional sophistication.
The QK-A034 gives you:
- Combined data from 3 x NMEA 0813 and SeaTalk1.
- Convenient viewing of your combined marine data over WiFi on your mobile phones, tablet and laptop and to your NMEA 2000 chart plotter
- Filtering options.
The internal SeaTalk converter allows the A034 to listen on the SeaTalk bus and convert SeaTalk data to NMEA messages.
Typical System Configuration
Without Configuration: The multiplexer converts and combines data received on the listener ports and sends this data to NMEA 2000, WiFi and USB simultaneously.
Default Baud rates: NMEA input 1 and 2: 4800bps and NMEA input 3: 38400bps
Filtering options: Each input has a flexible filter that can be configured to pass or block specific sentences. This frees up bandwidth, significantly reducing the possibility of data overflow and loss of data.
WiFi: Up to 4 devices can connect directly to the A034 with no need for an access point. Through Configuration, the A034 can be connected to a wireless access point, allowing for additional users and further range.
The WiFi module is set for direct Ad-hoc WiFi connection as default, with no need for a router. The SSID and password can be changed through QK-A034 configuration software, increasing security and memorability. Up to 4 wireless devices can connect directly to the A034 in Ad-hoc mode.
QK-A034 can also be connected via Station mode using the Configuration software. This allows for greater range and remote access, as well as additional multi-device access.
The WiFi can also be disabled and be placed on Standby mode if desired.
- Multiplexes up to three NMEA 0183 input devices with one SeaTalk input
- Galvanically isolated NMEA and SeaTalk input ports. (also called opto-isolation. Galvanically isolation prevents unwanted currents between devices, preventing equipment damage and interference with radio signals)
- Multiple outputs: WiFi, USB and NMEA 2000
- SeaTalk to NMEA converter (converts common SeaTalk1 data types to 0183 sentences)
- NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 converter (converts common sentences to PGNs)
- WiFi: Ad-hoc mode allows up to 4 devices to connect to the internal WiFi module simultaneously
- WiFi: Station mode allows for the connection of the A034 to your router/ access point for greater number of wireless users and WiFi range.
- WiFi: Standby option
- WiFi and USB output of combined data in NMEA 0183 sentence format
- WiFi and USB additionally output NMEA 2000 network PGNs (in both 0183 sentence and PCDIN format)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux
- Compatible with Android and iOS via WiFi, excluding Configuration. (Configuration must be completed using Windows software.)
- Filtering allows for overflow reduction and additional configuration.
More technical info
- Configurable NMEA 0183 baud rates (4800, 9600, 38400bps)
- Compatible with NMEA 2000 Chart plotters, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems (Full functionality, though configuration is through a Windows application)
- Compatible with Android and iOS (All functionality excluding USB connection and Configuration)
- Connectable to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03). For more information, read below
FAQ – How to connect NMEA0183 RS422 to older RS232 devices.
This product uses the NMEA 0183-RS422 protocol (differential signal), however some older chart plotters or instruments may use the older NMEA-RS232 protocol (Single-ended signal).
To ensure A034 compatibility with any older NMEA0183 device, check if your device uses NMEA0183 RS422 or RS232
Quark-Elec QK-A034-B NMEA 0183 & SeaTalk Multiplexer with NMEA 2000/0183/USB/WIFI Outputs
- Brands Quark-Elec
- Product Code: A034-B
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £165.83